21 Mar 2013

30 day challenge days 26-30

I know I've been horrible at this challenge and I do apologize! Here are the answers to the last four days of the challenge.

Day 26: Your week in great detail.

Sunday: Ah.. St. Patty's Day! Can't even really call it St. Patrick's Day to be honest because I think St. Patty's Day is an entirely American-created holiday in itself. My friend and I were up and ready to go at 11, which honestly is so pathetic if you really think about it, but hey. I don't mind being sober by 5 PM! Anyway we did a power hour to some douchey frat music and pretty much spent the entire day gallivanting around our apartment complex with some friends and just dancing a lot and it really wasn't too special, just standard fun!

Monday: Despite having the standard headache, I made it to my econ and political analysis classes. I went to the library around five and wrote an abstract for paper I haven't even written or done any research for yet.. whoops. It's about Lithuania's transition from being a Soviet satellite state to a democracy and honestly I think it will be really interesting to write.. when I get around to it. The rest of the night was dedicated to doing a bit of econ studying and going to bed early! Love it when that happens.

Tuesday: Had three classes on Tuesday - poly analysis lab, history of genocide and Russian politics. Tuesdays are just really long and to be honest nothing that interesting even happens in my classes that I could write about here! But Tuesday is Chipotle and Pretty Little Liars night and that was definitely exciting. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but I personally don't think ~the person~ who turned out to be good is good - we've been fooled so many times!

Wednesday: Wednesdays are my longest days for sure. I have class from 10:20 - 4:20 and the day just drags on and on and on. I got Starbucks though which was lovely and always makes me a bit happier, as cliche as it is. I ran into a few old friends which happens not too often on a campus of 47,000 people! I love seeing people I don't get to see too often. I meant to go to the library after my last class but honestly I was so damn tired I didn't make it there. I made myself dinner for the first time this week (and I don't mean a bowl of cereal) and went to bed around 10, which was lovely.

Today: Woke up with a lovely case of the stomach flu! :( I didn't go to either of my classes and I've spent the majority of the day sleeping so I don't throw up (sorry, TMI) and now I just have a massive headache and want to go back to sleep. :(

Day 27: This month in great detail.

This month has been actually pretty uneventful. The first week of March was spring break which I spent home in Germany with my family, just relaxing and spending time with friends and my family. I could tell spring was already coming around there, but here in Michigan we've had snow consistently for the entire month (and I'm not complaining - I love snow!) The past two weeks have just been pretty intense school wise. There's only about five weeks left of classes, which is absolutely insane. I've also been getting excited for my big move to Dublin for the summer... I can't believe that's actually happening. I've been thinking about starting a blog for it, but who knows if I'd actually keep up with it. I do have plans for a personal journal and since I came up with it I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Day 28: This year in great detail.

Wow I'm really glad there have only been three months this year or this one might get out of hand! January brought the start of a new semester with classes I like MUCH more than my classes last semester. I also went to the Ed Sheeran concert which absolutely changed my life and I have thought about it every day since. February was bitterly cold and boring, and to be honest this year has been quite that so far! But I'm not complaining - it's been boring in a good way. Nothing too incredible has happened, but at the same time nothing bad has happened either, so three months in I can be pretty thankful for that. I get to see my family in less than a week as they're coming to visit the states and seeing them twice in one month is the biggest blessing I could ever have, so that will be the best thing to happen to me this year probably. I think easy going time is just time for me to get prepared for the insane summer I'm sure to have.. yikes!

Day 29: Hopes, dreams, and goals for the next 365 days

  • Enjoy living in Ireland to the very last day
  • Gain experience and insight about my career path while working as an intern
  • Try to see all the good things about eventually no longer living in Europe as of August
  • Keep up my healthy habits (working out, eating healthy, minimal alcohol etc.)
  • Save as much money as possible 
  • Spend as much time with my family when they move back to Michigan
  • LEARN TO DRIVE! Preferably before my 21st but we'll see about that...
  • De-stress, de-clutter, and cut out any toxic relationships in my life
  • Be very, very happy - just like I am now :)
Day 30: Whatever tickles your fancy

I don't really have anything tickling my fancy today but this is the end of the challenge! I actually really loved doing this - even if I couldn't stick to it to the day. I especially loved this last set of questions as it made me think about this year so far and how I want to spend the rest of it. I think it's always good to take time to reflect and prepare, and I think I should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment