11 Jan 2013

top 4 makeup products, like ever


I went a little edit/bokeh crazy, but it's Friday and I have no classes so I figured I'm quite happy today. Anyway, these are my top four makeup products of all time. These are the products I want to buy in bulk so that if their makers ever discontinue them, after picketing at their headquarters I will go home to about ten of each because I'm pretty sure I couldn't live without them. I am dramatic!


1. Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub - $10
I am obsessed with this lip scrub because I have very dry skin/lips/self in general. I was skeptical at first because exfoliating products don't tend to always do their job very well on me, but I have found that if I use this before bed, my lips are so soft and smooth and lipstick ready the next day! I never see anyone mention this when I read reviews of this product, but I also have found if I scrub my lips right before I'm about to leave the house and I'm in a rush, it gives my lips a little bit of color too so I don't even have to apply lipstick if it's not really that kind of day! (It's never that kind of day... but just in case.)

2. NARS Orgasm Blush - $28
This is the first blush I ever purchased and it is likely to be the last. As seen in the photo, I've hit pan and will probably need to buy a new one soon. My skin tone is really weird - I have a mix of Puerto Rican and Dutch/English skin, making for a weird pale but olivey tone. It is likely that didn't make any sense at all. What I mean is that I have trouble finding a blush that doesn't make me look like a gogo dancer, but this blush has flicks of gold to compliment its rosey pink color and it really brings out the tone of my skin. I have yet to find anything that looks as natural and beautiful on my skin as this blush, and for the price (yikes) I think it's totally worth it.

3. Benefit They're Real! Mascara - $23
My lovely little sister was blessed with the thickest, longest, most voluptuous eyelashes I have ever seen. I, on the other hand, have stubbly, nearly invisible little wannabe eyelashes. I am probably going to sound a lot like a commercial, but this mascara actually makes me look like I have real lady eyelashes! The bristles on the wand are very small and firm, and the (is it liquid? What IS mascara?) product itself is very thick and I actually don't even know how it does what it does. I read blogs upon blogs absolutely raving about this mascara and for the price I was nowhere near convinced until I tested it one day and had to have it. If you have not yet fallen in love with a mascara, I am certain this is the one for you. It is the one for everyone. I get compliments ALL the time. I even prefer this over Dior Blackout (which is amazing because I loved that mascara, but will never go back after using They're Real!) This is the product out of these four I am definitely going to buy in bulk. (I should also mention that I am new to Benefit products but they are already my favorite - amazing packaging and incredible products.)

4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original - $20
This is a product I would never ever think I would need. Before I got really into makeup I didn't wear eyeshadow really at all, so when I purchased the Naked palette and it came with a sample of this product, I was very confused as to why I needed to "prime" my eyes. Like bottom lash mascara and highlighting products, I just thought it was a bit superfluous - until I tried it. My eyeshadow would be nothing without a good primer. I have had the same tube of primer potion for about 10 months now because all it takes is just enough to cover your lid (a little bit goes a long way) and again, I apologize for sounding like an advertisement, but it seriously makes all the difference in application and stay of any eyeshadow I choose to use. Absolutely couldn't complete my look without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment